Epique Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 380 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:59 pm
Latest topics
» Later...
Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:37 am by The Joker

» The End of Epique
Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:54 pm by Alex

» Good-Bye
Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:06 pm by Alex

» Runescape names
Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:14 pm by japsa

» The Lounge
Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:11 pm by Sajextryus

» Baccano? Anyone? Probably not....
Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:22 pm by Alex

» Just a suggestion
Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:13 pm by Alex

» 40's song?
Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:37 am by Alex

» I haz a muffa fukin ideaz
Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:18 pm by Captain Dredlokk

Poll

The Best Vampire!

Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve Vote_lcap11%Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve Vote_rcap 11% [ 2 ]
Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve Vote_lcap5%Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve Vote_lcap16%Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve Vote_rcap 16% [ 3 ]
Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve Vote_lcap5%Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve Vote_lcap0%Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve Vote_lcap63%Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve Vote_rcap 63% [ 12 ]

Total Votes : 19

Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve

4 posters

Go down

Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve Empty Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve

Post by Sajextryus Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:02 am

Larry and Steve was a program originally created for the bright side of Cartoon Network, but the pilot wasn't all that popular. In the original version, Brian was a brown dog named Steve, Peter was named Larry and had white hair and blue jeans, and the only one who could understand Steve (Brian) was Larry (Peter), and the animation was a lot looser and childish. Please leave your comments on this and wether you like it or not, and don't say you don't like it because Family Guy is better, just say if you would like it if it were a kid show. I personally like it as Family Guy, but I'm not so sure what I think about the children's cartoon. Well, here it is:

And here is the very original version, before it was going to be a children show pilot and before it was turned back to this with a diferent animation style:

This later formed into a much more familiar art style and went back to adult humor:

And later on, that had turned into the Family Guy we all know and love. :)
Here is the video description of the original children's show pilot:
After being hired at Hanna-Barbera Cartoons, Inc., MacFarlane was given a chance in 1996 to direct a sequel entitled Larry and Steve, a seven-minute short broadcast as part of Cartoon Network's World Premiere Toons.

Larry and Steve (1997)This short begins with Steve in front of a camcorder recording an SOS tape for somebody to come and save him from his bumbling owner, Larry. Steve recounts for the tape the misadventures that have ensued ever since Larry bought Steve from the dog pound, focusing on a series of misadventures and hijinks that ensued when the pair went to the mall to buy items for Larry's apartment.

While at the mall, the two destroy nearly everything. Larry, looking for a light bulb for his bedside lamp, puts in a high-wattage lighthouse bulb, then criticizes Steve for saying that wasn't a good idea, commenting that he didn't go to kindergarten for 12 years because he was stupid. (It was because he got his foot caught in the radiator.) When Larry plugs the lamp in, it turns into a wide lightsaber and he cuts the store in half. As this is happening, Larry references the "Luke, I am your father..." line from the movie The Empire Strikes Back by saying "Luke, this is your landlord. You still haven't returned my Weedwacker".

ALthough not as crude as the first short, it still retains the same random feel with sight gags that mirror gags later used in Family Guy. Such gags include

A pilot handing the controls over a small boy, presumably his son, only to find that he crashed the plane while the pilot was gone and then taking the boy out for a snack, cutting the loss.
A Scotsman reacting to the realization that people are around by running away and jumping out the window. (a nod to a Looney Tunes gag where Gossamer reacts to people in a destructive and evasive manner)
Letters from store signs crushing innocent bystanders.
Sajextryus
Sajextryus
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://BanjoAndFriends.com/

Back to top Go down

Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve Empty Re: Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve

Post by Leonhardt Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:24 am

Holy shit. I remember seeing this show.
Amazing. It's Brian and Peter.
Leonhardt
Leonhardt
Western Moderator
Western Moderator

Back to top Go down

Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve Empty Re: Original version of Family Guy: Larry and Steve

Post by Captain Dredlokk Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Family guy was a children's show originally?

Mind=Blown
Captain Dredlokk
Captain Dredlokk
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by oscarstrok Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:05 am

i lol'd at the first one

oh but that dosnt meen i dont like the normal family guy :)
oscarstrok
oscarstrok
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down