Epique Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 380 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:59 pm
Latest topics
» Later...
Is this game any good? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:37 am by The Joker

» The End of Epique
Is this game any good? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:54 pm by Alex

» Good-Bye
Is this game any good? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:06 pm by Alex

» Runescape names
Is this game any good? EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:14 pm by japsa

» The Lounge
Is this game any good? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:11 pm by Sajextryus

» Baccano? Anyone? Probably not....
Is this game any good? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:22 pm by Alex

» Just a suggestion
Is this game any good? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:13 pm by Alex

» 40's song?
Is this game any good? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:37 am by Alex

» I haz a muffa fukin ideaz
Is this game any good? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:18 pm by Captain Dredlokk

Poll

The Best Vampire!

Is this game any good? Vote_lcap11%Is this game any good? Vote_rcap 11% [ 2 ]
Is this game any good? Vote_lcap5%Is this game any good? Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Is this game any good? Vote_lcap16%Is this game any good? Vote_rcap 16% [ 3 ]
Is this game any good? Vote_lcap5%Is this game any good? Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Is this game any good? Vote_lcap0%Is this game any good? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Is this game any good? Vote_lcap63%Is this game any good? Vote_rcap 63% [ 12 ]

Total Votes : 19

Is this game any good?

+2
Leonhardt
Jbomb1988
6 posters

Go down

Is this game any good? Empty Is this game any good?

Post by Jbomb1988 Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:35 pm

I know the title is a bit not suitable for this debate, as it good be good to some and poor to others, i just wanted to know what this game is like. It reminds me of cartoon series that used to be on cartoon channel forgot what it was called as they have changed the name so many times

Thanks
Jbomb1988
Jbomb1988

Back to top Go down

Is this game any good? Empty Re: Is this game any good?

Post by Leonhardt Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:26 pm

Well, it's nothing like Gundam, if that's what you were referring to. But it is still an excellent game. I believe that Alex and Kelts got the game recently, you might want to ask their opinion...

Guys?
Leonhardt
Leonhardt
Western Moderator
Western Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jbomb1988 Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:41 pm

Nah, not gundam but something similar, it was on fox same channel that had all the power ranger series on and jackie chan show. How many of the games are out on xbox 360?
Jbomb1988
Jbomb1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonhardt Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:45 pm

2 on the 360, Armored Core 4, and Armored Core For Answer.
For Answer is the most recent, being a sequel to 4, so if you intend on buying one soon, i'd go with For Answer.
Leonhardt
Leonhardt
Western Moderator
Western Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelts Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:15 pm

04-Leonhardt wrote:2 on the 360, Armored Core 4, and Armored Core For Answer.
For Answer is the most recent, being a sequel to 4, so if you intend on buying one soon, i'd go with For Answer.
For Answer has been discontinued :(
so im gonna buy it off ebay tonight.
Kelts
Kelts

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:39 pm

I don't have it quite yet, but from what I've seen it looks pretty good.
Alex
Alex
Admin
Admin

http://www.epique-gaming.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wert Ac Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:41 pm

I've never heard of it...
Wert Ac
Wert Ac
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Hablatross/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:03 pm

I never did either until Leo told me about it on the Banjo forum :P
Alex
Alex
Admin
Admin

http://www.epique-gaming.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonhardt Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:50 pm

Kelts wrote:
04-Leonhardt wrote:2 on the 360, Armored Core 4, and Armored Core For Answer.
For Answer has been discontinued :(
so im gonna buy it off ebay tonight.

It has not been discontinued!
The EB games near my house gets new copies every month!

Though you might actually get it cheaper on Ebay anyways, so that's a plus. You could also just order it from a Game Store's Website, Here, there's one for 25 bucks at Gamestop Online.
Leonhardt
Leonhardt
Western Moderator
Western Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelts Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:47 am

Well i looked in 2 shopping centers and last last EB games i went to said its been discontinued.
well its 30$ aus on ebay so :) i saw it for 99 in the shops so it should be here by sometime next week if i pay tonight!
Kelts
Kelts

Back to top Go down

Post by Jbomb1988 Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:45 am

Okay, but whats the storyline like, is it an entertaining one or quite dull, if you cant tell me because of spoilers then no worries :)
Jbomb1988
Jbomb1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonhardt Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:24 am

Well, you basically start out as a new Raven, given the basic equipment at the beginning of the story. You start out doing rather random missions for the different companies, earning cash, unlocking parts, and participating in Collard Arena Matches (You fight the other Pilots 1 on 1 in an arena type battle), all of this allowing you to completely customize your AC, from weapons, to body parts, to even the paint job.

Spoiler Alert begins here. Highlight for easier reading. Beware, Wall of Text.

Now, you start gaining some serious cred for taking down some of the most powerful weapons ever built, called Arms Forts, designed to replace NEXTs, in that the fate of the mission does not rely on one single person, but thousands of expendable soldiers. Arms Fort Fights usually require a special way to beat them, like Algebra's AF, Cabracan. At the location you're fighting in, there are multiple, powerful mines scattered around the ground. You have to wait for the Cabracan to drive over one, and have the mine *ahem* lift up it's skirt, so you can go underneath and destroy the treads that move the thing. Then, the sides of the Cabracan fall off, and launch hundreds of air-based fighter drones. But you arent alone, another Arms Fort from the company that hired you arrives on the scene, to free you from under the skirt of the Cabracan, and help reduce the Drone's numbers. Once all the drones are destroyed, it's a mission complete.

Another rather noteworthy battle is the one that takes place in Old Chinese Shanghai (Which has since been flooded completely), against Interior Union's Arms Fort, Stigro, a fast moving, blade wielding AF thet floats on water, and atacks with a huge frontal laser blade by charging right at you while firing tons of vertical misssiles. At the beginning of the battle, you are placed directly in the path of the Stigro, landing on the roof of one of the taller buildings standing up out of the water. This also shows you Stigro's weakness, it slows down when it hits the buildings scattered across the arena, leaving you able to shoot at it easier. Though I just found it easier to jump on it's face right from the start, and shank it with the KIKU solid blade, a super-powered, 1-hit weapon used for extreme close range, and then the Stigro fell in 1 hit.

About halfway through the game, you are forced to either fight White Glint (Piloted by you from AC4) with the help of the Arena Rank 1, Otsdarva. Epic battle ensues, and once you get White Glint down to about half his health, he, and Otsdarva fly outside the Combat area (Where you can't go) And Otsdarva gets shot down, sinking into the sea. (I've tried killing WG before he could do this, he just replinishes his health and your operator can;t even believe it: "White Glint has been destroy- What? it's still moving? What kind of NEXT is this?" or something along those lines.) The laternative is that you fight along side white Glint (If you chose the right mission path) against Otsdarva, and the cyborg Super Pilot, CUBE. It has the same effects of the vs. White Glint battle, only you have to deal with CUBE once Otsdarva falls, and CUBE usually shoots down WG soon after he takes out Otsdarva, leaving you the only one who isn't exploded inside their cockpit, or drowning at the bottom of the Ocean.

Another fun battle is where you are hired by the League (The Earth Government) to destroy a series of Anti-Sattelite Cannons, intended to be used by ORCA (A group who don;t want to spend life on the polluted earth, slowly dieing like everyone else.) to destroy the Assault Cells, basically Orbital Lasers built during a time gon by, that attack any space-faring vessel that leaves the atmosphere. This battle would be a sinch, if it werent for the hordes of enemies, the Cannon's defense systems (Which consist of multiple powerful Plasma Cannons) and the ORCA NEXT, (Tha name escapes me). You are allowed a wingman on this mission (Another pilot to help you for a cut of the rewards) each having distinct advantages/disadvantages during the mission. I went tith Stilleto, mainly cause she's a hot-blooded Tank Type AC, toting multiple Laser weapons, and has High EN defense for dealing with the ORCA NEXT's Assault Cannon (A Super Powerful energy blast that explodes into a shower of Kojima particles, draining the PA gauge.) Now, once you defeat the NEXT, and destroy the Cannons (And are playing on Hard Mode) you get to fight the Final Boss from the last AC game, Aretha, a massive, "mutant" AC with powerful weapons and crazy dodging abilities.

Now, the game branches into 3 different endings, you get the Cradle Ending; Where you fight against ORCA, take down their Leader, Thermidor (SUPER SPOILER ALERT: Thermidor is actually Otsdarva, gone rouge) and one of the other Original 5, Shinkai (He's the one with the gigantic Laser Blade, and the back mounted Boosters). This battle takes place inside the Arteria Cranium, the Control center for all the Arteria facilities that keep the Cradles Afloat. Cradles are basically giant, flying colonies that carry millions of people. Once this battle is over, and you win, "Humanity is safe to dream, floating among the clouds." Said by Wynne D Fanchon, your companion for the mission.

The ORCA Ending is basically the same, for fight 2 Pilots by yourself, Roy Salaand (Apparently Wynne D's lover) and Wynne D herself. It's basically the same as the Cradle ending, only once you win, ORCA amnages to blast a hole through the Assault Cells with the remaining Anti-Satellite Cannons, allowing Humanity to leave the polluted Earth, and return to space (They were impeded before by the Assault Cells.)

Now, the thrid ending is particularly nasty, both in subject matter and difficulty. Ending 3, or the "Bad Ending" has you teaming up with ORCA's NEXT, Old King, to attack the Cradles, killing upwards of 100 million people. This is a rather bad decision, as your Operator Leaves you, since you're basically a mindless killing machine at this point, and organizes a huge strike team consisting of some of the Best Pilots in the game, Lillium Wollcott, Otsdarva, Roadie, Wynne D, and your operator, Kasumi Sumika, to take you down. But you, being the badass mofo that you are, kill all 5 of them by yourself, then fly off back into the sky to kill the rest of the planet.

Last edited by 04-Leonhardt on Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leonhardt
Leonhardt
Western Moderator
Western Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelts Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:22 pm

bought this off ebay yesterday and already payed for it. Should be here this week!:D
didnt read the spoiler dont wanna wreck the game.
Kelts
Kelts

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonhardt Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:30 pm

K, don't. I Spoiled some of the more Epic Battles in there.
I should be able to be on this Friday, if it's here by then, and I'll be able to be on all weekend.

Also, for some of the Non-co-op missions, I can just Freeplay them, while you go through, giving you tips on what to do and all.

Now Alex just has to get it.
Leonhardt
Leonhardt
Western Moderator
Western Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jbomb1988 Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:06 am

Sounds like a cool game, i might buy it :)
Jbomb1988
Jbomb1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelts Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:36 am

i got it and it is good.
im not very far and my mech is bad but its so bad because i didnt no how to save and then i had to start again like 4 times. lol
Kelts
Kelts

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonhardt Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:38 am

To save just go to the System menu, and pick save.
I'll probably be able to help you later today.
Leonhardt
Leonhardt
Western Moderator
Western Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by knife in a box Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:38 am

Nice job Kelts :)

knife in a box
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down