Epique Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 380 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:59 pm
Latest topics
» Later...
Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:37 am by The Joker

» The End of Epique
Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:54 pm by Alex

» Good-Bye
Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:06 pm by Alex

» Runescape names
Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:14 pm by japsa

» The Lounge
Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:11 pm by Sajextryus

» Baccano? Anyone? Probably not....
Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:22 pm by Alex

» Just a suggestion
Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:13 pm by Alex

» 40's song?
Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:37 am by Alex

» I haz a muffa fukin ideaz
Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:18 pm by Captain Dredlokk

Poll

The Best Vampire!

Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) Vote_lcap11%Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) Vote_rcap 11% [ 2 ]
Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) Vote_lcap5%Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) Vote_lcap16%Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) Vote_rcap 16% [ 3 ]
Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) Vote_lcap5%Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) Vote_lcap0%Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) Vote_lcap63%Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) Vote_rcap 63% [ 12 ]

Total Votes : 19

Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!)

4 posters

Go down

Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) Empty Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!)

Post by Wert Ac Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:43 pm

As some of you may know, I started programming a game in Visual Basic. I'm beginning to get somewhere with it, so I decided to make a topic to show my progressions in the coding.

Progress on Friday 11/6/09
Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) ProjectWertPic1

So far, so good right? I could use a different image for the main character though, since this one looks pretty stupid. If anybody want to try to make one for me, the dimensions are 150x150, and it has to be a png file with a transparent background.

Load, Save, and Map do not do anything yet, but I obviously intend to make those work.

I have made it so you can interact with persons/objects to have conversations in the ripped piece of paper in the bottom of the screen, and be able to click on the paper to continue to additional parts of said conversation.

Next thing to do, make the character walk! (fairly easy)

<update>

The guy can now move, and I've made a second screen.
Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) ProjectWertPic2
As you can see, there is a button "food" with a number next to it. This, and the "store" currently do not do anything. But In the near future, you will be able to talk to the shop owner, and buy food. Food will increase hp by 10. I have already written the code for this, but food has yet to become obtainable.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Heres what the code looks like for my project. This will be updated regularly.
Code:

Public Class frm1
    Dim intMoney As Integer
    Dim intPoints As Integer
    Dim intHealth As Integer
    Dim boolSign As Boolean
    Dim intx As Integer
    Dim inty As Integer

Private Sub frm1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        picStore.Visible = False
        picStore.Left = 50
        picStore.Top = 47
        intMoney = lblMoney.Text
        intPoints = lblPoints.Text
        intHealth = lblHealth.Text
        tmr1.Start()
        If picSign1.Visible = True Then
            intx = 0
            inty = 0
        End If
    End Sub

Private Sub TextBox1_KeyDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs) Handles TextBox1.KeyDown
        If e.KeyCode = Keys.Up Then
            picGuy.Top -= 50
            picGuy.Image = Image.FromFile("C:\Users\Nick\Pictures\guy2.png")
        ElseIf e.KeyCode = Keys.Down Then
            picGuy.Top += 50
            picGuy.Image = Image.FromFile("C:\Users\Nick\Pictures\guy1.png")
        ElseIf e.KeyCode = Keys.Left Then
            picGuy.Left -= 50
            picGuy.Image = Image.FromFile("C:\Users\Nick\Pictures\guy4.png")
        ElseIf e.KeyCode = Keys.Right Then
            picGuy.Left += 50
            picGuy.Image = Image.FromFile("C:\Users\Nick\Pictures\guy3.png")
        End If
    End Sub

Private Sub picSign1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles picSign1.Click
        If boolSign = False Then
            boolSign = True
            intPoints = intPoints + 100
            lblPoints.Text = intPoints
            intMoney = intMoney + 100
            lblMoney.Text = intMoney
            lblTalk.Text = "You read a sign! Good job. For doing this the first time, you get" + vbCrLf + "100 points! Points are useless, but they make you feel good about" + vbCrLf + "*click here to continue*"
            picFace.Image = Image.FromFile("C:\Users\Nick\Pictures\Click Sign Face.png")
        Else
            lblTalk.Text = "You already got your money, so you can leave now. You can talk to me" + vbCrLf + "more if you see me somewhere else!" + vbCrLf + "*Click to end conversation*"
            picFace.Image = Image.FromFile("C:\Users\Nick\Pictures\Click Sign Face.png")
        End If
    End Sub

Private Sub lblTalk_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles lblTalk.Click
        If lblTalk.Text = "You already got your money, so you can leave now. You can talk to me" + vbCrLf + "more if you see me somewhere else!" + vbCrLf + "*Click to end conversation*" Then
            lblTalk.Text = "*Conversations will appear in this area.*"
            picFace.Image = Image.FromFile("C:\Users\Nick\Pictures\facenul3.png")
        End If
        If lblTalk.Text = "yourself! Also, you get 100 Wertokens! You can buy stuff with them." + vbCrLf + "Talk to you later!" + vbCrLf + "*Click to end conversation*" Then
            lblTalk.Text = "*Conversations will appear in this area.*"
            picFace.Image = Image.FromFile("C:\Users\Nick\Pictures\facenul3.png")
        End If
        If lblTalk.Text = "You read a sign! Good job. For doing this the first time, you get" + vbCrLf + "100 points! Points are useless, but they make you feel good about" + vbCrLf + "*click here to continue*" Then
            lblTalk.Text = "yourself! Also, you get 100 Wertokens! You can buy stuff with them." + vbCrLf + "Talk to you later!" + vbCrLf + "*Click to end conversation*"
        End If
    End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles tmr1.Tick
        If intx = 0 And inty = 0 And picGuy.Left < 0 Then
            intx -= 1
            picGuy.Left = 800
            picSign1.Visible = False
            picStore.Visible = True
        End If
    End Sub

Private Sub picStore_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles picStore.Click

End Sub

Private Sub btnFood_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnFood.Click
        If intHealth < 100 And lblFood.Text > 0 Then
            lblFood.Text -= 1
            intHealth += 10
            If intHealth > 100 Then
                intHealth = 100
            End If
        End If
    End Sub
End Class

Last edited by Wert Ac on Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:38 pm; edited 6 times in total
Wert Ac
Wert Ac
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Hablatross/

Back to top Go down

Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) Empty Re: Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!)

Post by Wert Ac Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:28 pm

Ummm...I hit a roadblock. For some reason the key down event isn't working for form load.

In other words, I can't make the guy walk. Well, I can, but you have to have clicked inside of a text box and start typing stuff to make him move...I have no idea why this is happening, or why google isn't helping me yet again <_< .
Wert Ac
Wert Ac
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) Empty Re: Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!)

Post by SilverAntari Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:01 pm

I'm not good with people. I'm only good at drawing Aliens and Goats :P

Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) Gork
Gork

Project Wert (An Action Adventure Game in the Making!) Lukasy
Lukas
SilverAntari
SilverAntari
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Leonhardt Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:03 pm

Gimme a minute.
Leonhardt
Leonhardt
Western Moderator
Western Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wert Ac Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:15 pm

*giving minute*

Okay, I was SORT OF able to fix the problem. I just had to keep a text box off of the screen and make it so you use the arrow keys to move in stead of WSAD. Its not what I want, but I guess it works.
Wert Ac
Wert Ac
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:57 am

You really should try getting things fixed instead of just rolling with it. After all, what's better? Plugging a leak or changing the pipe? I'd say the pipe is more reliable :P
Alex
Alex
Admin
Admin

http://www.epique-gaming.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wert Ac Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:20 pm

Well google didn't help and its not like its something that I can't fix later. Its just something that doesn't make sense, and I can't do anything about it. Besides, someone playing the game wouldn't notice the difference.

~Production has halted for a while due to swine flu.
Wert Ac
Wert Ac
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum