Epique Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 380 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:59 pm
Latest topics
» Later...
"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:37 am by The Joker

» The End of Epique
"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:54 pm by Alex

» Good-Bye
"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 8:06 pm by Alex

» Runescape names
"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:14 pm by japsa

» The Lounge
"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:11 pm by Sajextryus

» Baccano? Anyone? Probably not....
"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:22 pm by Alex

» Just a suggestion
"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:13 pm by Alex

» 40's song?
"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:37 am by Alex

» I haz a muffa fukin ideaz
"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:18 pm by Captain Dredlokk

Poll

The Best Vampire!

"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed Vote_lcap11%"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed Vote_rcap 11% [ 2 ]
"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed Vote_lcap5%"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed Vote_lcap16%"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed Vote_rcap 16% [ 3 ]
"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed Vote_lcap5%"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed Vote_lcap0%"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed Vote_lcap63%"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed Vote_rcap 63% [ 12 ]

Total Votes : 19

"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed

4 posters

Go down

"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed Empty "Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed

Post by Wert Ac Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:12 am

This topic is kind of pointless but I'm making it anyway. Why? Because if I break something again later, I'll be able to easily reference back to what has to be done.

Recently, as many of you may have seen me ranting about, my copy of visual basic was returning the following error:
"Requested registry access is not allowed."
This ochered every time I tried to create a new project, application, etc. It took FOREVER to figure out how to fix this.

The following information will tell you how to work around this error for multiple versions of VB.

(Make sure Visual Basic is not running)
First, download this: SubInACL
Next, go to start, and select "run" (you may have to search for it).
In the run window, type in "CMD" and this will open up a command prompt.

Now you have to change the directory.
For 32 bit windows type:
Code:
cd /d "%programfiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"
For 64 bit windows type:
Code:
cd /d "%programfiles% (x86)\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"

Next, you have to enter the following lines of code:
(For VB Express 2009)
Code:
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VBExpress.vbproj.9.0 /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VBExpress.vbproj.9.0 /grant=users=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VBExpress.vbproj.9.0 /grant=system=f
(For VB Express 2010)
Code:
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VBExpress.vbproj.10.0 /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VBExpress.vbproj.10.0 /grant=users=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VBExpress.vbproj.10.0 /grant=system=f

You may have a different version of visual basic. If your not sure of what to put, go to start > run > type "regedit". Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and go down to the "V" area (its in alphabetical order). There will either be visual studio, or VBExpress. Look for the one with the extension ".vbproj" . You will use this for your lines of code in place of "VBEXpress.vbproj.*version number*" if its different.

If you followed these steps correctly, you should now be able to create a new VB project with no problem. Sometimes, a system restart is necessary, but this wasn't the case for me. Hope this helps! (even though I'm the only person on this forum that will ever receive this error).

Moderator,
~Wert Ac
Wert Ac
Wert Ac
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Hablatross/

Back to top Go down

"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed Empty Re: "Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed

Post by Alex Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:51 am

He hey! You fixed it!

Good job man (Y)
Alex
Alex
Admin
Admin

http://www.epique-gaming.com/

Back to top Go down

"Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed Empty Re: "Requested redistry access is not allowed."~Fixed

Post by Wert Ac Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:38 pm

Thanks. It was a pain in the ass.
Wert Ac
Wert Ac
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:27 pm

Well, now you don't have to go suicidal =3
Alex
Alex
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wert Ac Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:29 pm

Yep. Now I need to figure out how to make a game-like environment with multi-directional scrolling so I can make something really cool.
Wert Ac
Wert Ac
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:30 pm

Hooray?
Alex
Alex
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by knife in a box Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Wert Ac wrote:Yep. Now I need to figure out how to make a game-like environment with multi-directional scrolling so I can make something really cool.

Yes, you NEED to :)

knife in a box
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Wert Ac Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:00 pm

Well I don't. I found a work-around. Now I NEED to find a way to save and load progress.
Wert Ac
Wert Ac
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by knife in a box Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:09 pm

You what?

knife in a box
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Wert Ac Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:13 pm

I'm making some sort of adventure game, and I need a way so you can end it, then continue where you left off the next time you start playing.
Wert Ac
Wert Ac
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:16 pm

Find a way to make a save file and when that save file is read it would put you in a certain spot?
Alex
Alex
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by knife in a box Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:16 pm

What kind of project? Like an application?

knife in a box
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Peanutbutters Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:18 pm

Does this mean you can teach me how to use VB?
Peanutbutters
Peanutbutters
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://ultima-gaming.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post by knife in a box Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:20 pm

Awesome132 wrote:Does this mean you can teach me how to use VB?

Random...:P

knife in a box
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Wert Ac Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:23 pm

Alex wrote:Find a way to make a save file and when that save file is read it would put you in a certain spot?
Exactly. Google isn't helping me though so idk how I'm going to do it. from what I found, information can generally be saved to a simple text document and be read. I don't even know where to BEGIN to make it do that tough. I'll have to ask my computer programming teacher about it.
knife in a box wrote:What kind of project? Like an application?
Yes, an application...But I'd call it a "game".
Awesome132 wrote:Does this mean you can teach me how to use VB?
Yes. Download teamviewer and add me on windows live messenger when you get the chance (wert_ac@hotmail.com)

Last edited by Wert Ac on Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wert Ac
Wert Ac
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by knife in a box Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:24 pm

You could try notepad?

knife in a box
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down